Saturday, October 3, 2009

9/13/2008 - Milton, VT

Date of hunt 9/13/2008
Location: Husky
Weather Cloudy
Temperature 66 °F (Start)
Dogs of mine Bailey & Remi
# of Rabbits Ran: 0

Story of the hunt:
Ground was really wet from the rain last night. After the good hunt with Bailey at Husky the other night I thought that I would bring both dogs as I missed not having that extra nose. Didn't go well. Bailey would hunt for about 30 seconds and then go looking for Remi. Remi was as scatter brained as ever. She wouldn't focus on one area, and at one point she just went straight out across the field. Not sure what she was doing. Bailey did start to bark on a rabbit, but she didn't go far.
They can't seem to kick up the rabbits, they are hanging tight in the grass. When it was time to go Bailey wouldn't come to me. She would stop about 10 feet away. I shocked her to come and she ran away. It was a game of shock and run away for a while. She finally realized that if she came the shocking would stop. I think it will help her come the next time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment