Saturday, October 3, 2009

9/7/2008 - Grand Isle,VT

Date of hunt 9/7/2008
Location: Fish Hatchery
Weather Cloudy
Temperature 56 °F (Start)
Dogs of mine Bailey & Remi
# of Rabbits Ran: 1
# of Rabbits shot: 0

Story of the hunt:
Up at 5:45am, got to Grand Isle Fish Hatchery around 6:30am. Worked for a long time, Bailey bark a couple times here and there. She worked away from well. I was a little happier with her ranging today. Walked along the 4 wheeler trails and made our way back towards the water tower. Bailey barked a few times pretty hot and then just ran away from it. She ran out of bell range. I kept trying to shock her to get her to come back, but it wasn't going through. I finally managed to get a shock through and she came right back. I'm not happy with the way she ran away. I've seen Remi do that and it fires me up. We started walking back to the truck (8:10am) and Bailey struck up a scent. She ran it away from me about 150 yards or so, almost of hearing. I was nervous, thought she was on a deer. She started to come back to me and then
she lost it. I made my way over to where she lost it and heard her bell. She wasn't looking for the rabbit anymore, sounded like she was looking for me. That frantic puppy looking for daddy run. I got her attention and then she followed me out to the truck. Had to be home for Carter's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment